Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Vana visits, and there is snow, but not in Spain.

 Do you remember having a "best" friend?  I remember moving a lot, and not getting to make friends for very long.  I remember getting to a new place and walking up, and back, up and back, wandering the immediate area looking for kids my own age.  I do not know how the two of us became friends, I do not have the 'pat' movie origin story- but I do know how important the friendship was to my surviving and thriving during a certain time in my life.
My friend traveled thousands of miles, and we got to learn a bit about who we have become.  I feel grateful we got the chance, and grateful that we are both here to take the chance.
I feel grateful that there is someone else besides myself that remember my little brother Elric.
I feel grateful that we did actually have, true-blue American summers.  With adventures, music, riding in cars with boys on hot August nights, the world laid out before us full of promises and decisions to be made.


We broke up the visit by going to Spain, taking in some warmth, culture and Gaudi architecture (as one does...)
We returned to:

But really the snow was good too-
Stockholm is beautiful in all seasons and we got to go to Skansen for Julmarknad, and I love Skansen in the snow.

No comments: