Saturday, October 15, 2016

Karlaplan T-bana Konst; Larseric Vänerlöf och Tor Hörlin







I must admit that when my gf and I got off the train at Karlaplan, we were both surprised to see what I have learned is Larseric Vänerlöf photo montage behind the track that we had travelled into the station on.
Interestingly when I was googling around for information on the artist Larseric, I found this article in English that answered not only the questions about why we both may have missed the piece (repairs)- but also my questions about the neighbourhood of Karlaplan which from our Autumn (not may people) time of day (again, less people) and where we walked from struck me as "very" Parisian.

If you are interested look here:

The tile work which I was unable to really relate via my iphone is that the pieces are meant to mimic nature (as so many of the stations)- the tiles are different textures, sizes, some are raised, some are indented.  
Although this station does not have the cohesive feeling of a station that has platforms where one can see both tracks easily, instead this station has the charm of an earlier era, including an old sign for shoe repair, near where the shop must have one been located in a hallway between the two line directions.







 

No comments: