Thursday, August 18, 2016

Yayoi Kusama: Moderna Museet 2016



I have been nearby (maybe the same country) tos public art installed by Kusama, but this is the first time I have been able to actually make it to an exhibit.
The exhibit was crowded, and her artwork is ready made for selfies, so often people were hogging an area of artwork trying to get the very best photo they could get.  I am happy to be happy, and not let this type of action bother me, but I do notice when someone is on their fifth try...at a photo op.
I also wished that the entry ticket included more than one day, so that I could easily go back a few times in hopes of getting some of the rooms to myself.  I will likely do this anyway...and nice Tuesday mid-morning perhaps.

I was really pleased to find artifacts of her life included in this exhibit.




Early works-


and a new work!



No comments: