Sunday, April 3, 2016

Monument Valley, beautiful as it is dry.


There are times in my life that my mind runs to what I think of as 'superstitious thinking'.  I see signs, and patterns.  I think I am manifesting my destiny.  I think I have the ability to jinx how a trip will go.
I have road tripped to areas of Arizona and Utah that are very beautiful.
Each time I have gone to them, has been some time of great stress in my life.
This all could be a coincidence, false correlations, seemingly causal and yet not.

Even in times of great stress- the vast openness and deep history of these areas- the fact that they are not yet overrun...able to retain at least parts of cultures otherwise crushed out does create an environment to feel oneself cut down to a more containable size.

 

No comments: