Thursday, June 25, 2015

"...There ought to be a moonlight savings time..." or Hey, What happened to those 3 Fridays in June 2015?




I am having a slow start.  The first alarm that I consciously acknowledged this morning, was after 9 a.m.
Our winter has turned to warm sunshine after a week of record breaking cold days with many snowy days on Mount Wellington.  I should create a few posts to cover the the events of the last few weeks but as this has become simply my illustrated calendar, there is no need.

I went back to Maria (my fifth trip!)  because a few volunteers had to back out at the last minute.  The workshop accom. that I stayed in three times this year is now actually clean.  Also, windows fixed and washed, re-painted, re-varnished, new furniture.  I am actually feeling a bit jealous of everyone who will get to sleep there before I do.  I did get to ride in the Rangers boat, go out back China Beach, and stay in one of the Bernacchi Houses which is a marker of a white settler that really thought he was going to turn Maria Island into some sort of Riviera of the South.  

During that trip, the Dark Mofo festival had already began, although my plans were not to go until the last weekend.  As my faithful festival guest was away in the early part of the festival.
The festivals that I have gone to- have all been incredible the way they take over the city center and waterfront.  A lot is free, making the place feel like a city that always has that artistic life running through it, a bit like New Orleans, or parts of New York and Chicago- yet Hobart is very unlike any of those cities.

I am also having one of my 'the machines revolt' that would all be fix I am sure simply by Zok's proximity- which is not, currently possible.

I leave for Stockholm soon, where Zok will not be-
such is the bane of flux that is touring.

No comments: