Friday, December 5, 2014

"...I'm just a country mile behind, the world..."


I really just went into Manchester so I could see the re-release of '2001: A Space Odyssey'.  I love this film for so many reasons, and I think I love it even more now that I am older.  The two biggest reasons being that I understand the film more now, and also, with so much computer generated effects, this film stands out even more by comparison.  The credit list was so short for one.  There is no dialog for the first twenty minutes or so, and again at the end.  This release in the theatres is also about twenty minutes longer than the original release.  Seeing the film on a large screen made me feel as if I was seeing it for the first time. 
A added bonus was the theater itself, a bar, cafe, book/card shop, artspace and movie theatre. The cornerhouse.

Other Manchester perks were The John Rylands library;



 
Also, Oxford Train Station is gorgeous.
 




 
 
 

 

No comments: