Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Konst på Norsborg, Hallunda, och Fittja,



Years ago, I did ride out to Norsborg, during midsommar, I spent more time looking around outside the stations than looking for the art inside the stations.
The day was of course very bright, being summer.  Therefore I missed the point of this sculpture, which has a blue light trained on it, to create a bit of optical illusion.
Although, this sculpture is over 300 lbs, the impression is more like a large slinky toy.  The sculpture seems to move as you walk under and around it.
You have to walk out of the pay turnstills to find this piece.
 


On the same line was a piece I had read was neon, so I expected it to be lit.  When I translated the plaque, the is a mention of a neon loop, as well as screen printed film wrapped in plastic.  I asked the ticket agent if he had ever seen it lit, but I think actually he was surprised that it was there at all.
The art was installed in 1993. The intent was both as a symbol of family, and the general good will and color of the rainbow.  As this is on the Norsborg line and the other sculpture had lighting, this makes me think this one should.  



The plaque at Fittja stated that this is a small version of the original piece which is in front of the U.N. in New York City, created in memory of John Lennon and a statement for world peace.  There are also two more in different Tunnelbana locations, Åkeshov, Täby centrum.  So, three of the sixteen mentioned here:




 

No comments: