Saturday, November 15, 2014

Konst på Högtorget Tbana



This station was built in 1952 and the art was installed in 1998.
I would like to find out if the station was exactly as we see it here, what is often called a bathroom station because of the amount of, and type of tile.

This makes the choice of art more interesting to me, because of the reflective quality of the tones of white light do really create a sense of movement.
Other than that, the old signs are the coolest part of the station.
This year I have noticed brand new signs which I do not like. I hope that these signs will be preserved.

I have trouble remembering which track is headed which direction, and I wish all the stations had the handy sign telling you, but this is the only one I know of.

The artist is Gun Gordillo.




 

No comments: