Saturday, October 18, 2014

Konst på Bergshamra T-bana, Göran Dahl



I have been promising myself I would save some stations for the more quiet time of winter, yet I have found myself far out on the lines and unable to stop myself taking a quick look.  However, I know from my inability to stay organized that I will forget or begin to jumble the art in my mind.
I try to keep the photos grouped by station, but now with the latest software update, when I edit a photo it saves it to the end, thus taking it out of its group.
I plan on editing my posts when I get to re-visit the stations in December- this is all on my high hopes for a snow covered city.

This station was either confusing as there are three artists involved...or I have mixed together more than one station.

The art on the wall were all some sort of etched, or layered glass panels.  They were cool as they looked different from different angles.




I couldn't get a clear photo of the mural and the floor both, which is why I have both- here you can see the mural but not the beautiful inlays on the floor.
That rock inlay is either physically from Götland and based on ancient ruins, or the materials are more local, but still based on ruins found in Götland. 


 I couldn't find out anything about the color bands running along the tracks.
 Not all the stations execute the art or design all the way out of the exits- I think it is really lovely when they do.

This glass mural above, is on the opposite of the train tracks, so you see it if you exit the train running North. The plaque described as a picture of a mobile library on a Russian culture train, and this is done by a different artist than the forest mural.

 Below is the South running tracks. 





No comments: