Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Solna Centrum T-bana Konst




Solna is one of those stations near a Sports venue, which means most times when I go there I am going with the flow of a large crowd of people. Therefore, my usual cry of 'Moose!' (there is a large one encased in glass...alas blocked this time by constructed walls) has been ignored, as I was bustled along...late for Roller Derby practice, Roller Derby scrimmage, Roller Derby set up for a bout...(you get the idea).
So although I have been to this station many times I have never been there alone.
This time, I had to leave the STRD Roller Derby bout just as it ended, so I was taking the train alone, but sadly a lot of the station was partitioned off for some sort of construction. 
This means I only got to see about a third of the art, and most disappointing was that the large Moose was blocked off.  He is behind a large pane of class near the escalators.
I will have to hope the work is done by October when I return for the 'Megaloppis' or as the Americans would say a large flea market/antique fair.




 I did not do anything to the color of these photos, the red really is this bright, even though this station is one that is deep underground.

 Most of the glass enclosed small building scenes were blocked by construction.



 The walls have many of these countries scenes as if they were the roads and through ways to each glassed enclosed center.





No comments: