Saturday, September 20, 2014

Rissne Konst på Tunnelbana







 I thought I might just write up the whole artist plaque from this station, to give an idea of how they are written.
I had to use the translator and the dictionary so please do not be impressed 
 with my translation abilities...
Here is how I translated the plaque:
"The artists have transformed the station into a historical textbook in the form of a timeline with corresponding maps.  The time axis streatching from the pyramids of time to our day with texts and maps to show the development in various fields.
In one track, it can see by the wall track the reading of history in a time axis to the present day.  To make the history lesson lighthearted, religion is in gold, art is blue, culture is purple, politics in green, and everyday events are in red text. On the other track are pictures showing what the lyrics describe, for example the spread of the Roman Empire.
The artists have the theme of 'Meet you at the 1400s', and made use of the station so that it provides a stimulating and remarkable experience, here deep down in the underworld. A unique, yet particular general education of artistic representation."

For me these photos cause a small feeling of regret, this was my second to last station, and I was ready for a break- so I did not try to read the walls closely, but now I would like to see what they really wrote from beginning to end.  I did go upstairs to see if there was anything else but there wasn't, and this station is very deep down.  As I came back I was more struck with the 'feeling' of the station; which I think comes from the small details of the colored benches, and the inlay on the floor tiles. The station was a very pleasant one.





 

No comments: