Monday, September 22, 2014

Bagarmossen Konst Tbana


Bagarmossen is definitely one of my favorite stations.  I thought that the color panels changed color, but this is a bit of an illusion created when you are pulling into the station.  Because Bagarmossen were not opened until the mid 1990s, the advancement in blasting out the line, and ways to work with concrete are the reasons behind this 'light and airy' feeling of the stations.  The platform did not need a rock wall to reinforce it.  Also the lighting is more modern and suspended from the ceilings.  I had originally thought the areas of rock walls (which aesthetically I like, but variety is nice) were because those stations were larger.  However, my ability to gauge spacial areas is really, really bad.
The floor marble was picked by the artist to help accent the colored panels which are consisted of 228 panels of glass and all back lit.
 The station has been almost empty each time I have been here.




If I had a criticism about the subway art, it would be that the lighting is never set up for viewing the art.  Of course the lighting is set up for safety and utility but wouldn't it be lovely to have a viewing session where the lighting was set up to show off the art?

No comments: