Friday, August 22, 2014

Konst på Ropsten T-bana



I am going to put up a lot of photos of this station because there is a lot going on.  I translated the whole plaque with the explanation (I am not sure they are meant to be explanations exactly)-and I found the writing quite whimsical.  They mention the black and white roof and that it is made of steel, but of course the black/white/rust-red accents that are found so often here, and then juxtaposed with a nature scene (the animal, dancers, sun hallway) are not explained just mentioned in passing.  Again, I think this is because as an aesthetic it is common. But I think of all the times I used such color schemes and was labelled 'goth'. 


 I am sad that you can not see the clock clearly, it has the seconds ticking off by small red lights that each light as a second goes past.







 Above is the 125 meter hallway, there are rolling platforms on each side, I walked up the center to take photos from each side, the plaque said that these 'playful forms, where a plane becomes a rhino, and people dance is to 'posture' us' as we roll by.

Then the exit, elevator and last hallway are completely different:






One of the interesting things I learned by giving this station (a station I am at frequently) my full attention is that the Swedish word for tiles is väggplator or essentially wall plate. Therefore grammofonplattor is records. 
Make sense?

No comments: