Friday, July 4, 2014

Rådhuset T-bana Konst

Even with a fluent Swedish speaker I did not quite understand this subway art.
We did not actually go to both exits which means we probably missed part of it.
With the wall relief, and some of what was written, my impression is that the feeling should be about what has gone before.  Because apparently a lot of Stockholm was built on top of what was already there, so if you took apart a building or dug into its foundations you would find remnants of an earlier era.
I could read the sign that tells you the wall had the 'common shopping baskets of the 1700-1800s' påse which sadly for me sounds just like pussar, or I guess when I say it, it sounds like 'kiss' not 'bag' you see how I can go wrong...





 Also a quick addition to the temporary art up around Slussen


No comments: