Wednesday, July 2, 2014

"...Let's go out in the rain...rolling thunder and fog...you are the bravest sissy I know..."




 I seem to be having a week of bad news.  People who are sick.  Friends who will be spending more time than I ever want to...in a hospital.
So I am feeling grateful- for my health and my life.
I am trying to shrug off any self-defeatist attitudes.
Turn around whenever I find myself somewhere I don't want to be.  Giving myself permission to not go there at all...
When I think over the years- skirting the hard times, I amaze myself with the amount of places I have been, and all that goes with that.  I could not have ever imagined my life.

Stockholm has had nothing but grey skies for the last ten days.  But the weather app allows me to get out and avoid the worst of the downpour, although I did pack my shoes when I went skating today just in case.
 
I like to think of myself as having the ability to use 'critical thinking'. Yet,
I have lapsed into pseudo-science many times...
 I don't have answers and I sometimes I do look for signs- all part of my theory of trying to go with the flow of my life, not to make things too hard. 
To that end, I still check my horoscope, but only from Rob Breszny- at free will astrology, and here is this weeks for Scorpio:

You have permission to compose an all-purpose excuse note for yourself. If you'd like, you may also forge my signature on it so you can tell everyone that your astrologer sanctified it. This document will be ironclad and inviolable. It will serve as a poetic license that abolishes your guilt and remorse. It will authorize you to slough off senseless duties, evade deadening requirements, escape small-minded influences, and expunge numbing habits. Even better, your extra-strength excuse note will free you to seek out adventures you have been denying yourself for no good reason.
*

No comments: