Thursday, June 12, 2014

Västra Skogen Tågstation konst (west forrest train station art)











I had company, a Swedish native to be exact on this excursion to the train station, this meant for the first time I got an idea of what was written about the art and artist.
I am not really doing this at the proper time of year, but I am trying to really get to more stations than I do normally.  This means I am putting up with the crowds.  Okay, maybe you will think "How bad can the crowds be?" well, let me tell you that no one seems to have sympathy for the girl unable (read, too short) to reach the overhead railing which is about the only spot left when everyone is crammed into subway cars-of course the other side of that situation is no one really blinks as I have to grab their clothing/person to steady myself...

What did I learn?
Well, really we put a lot together ourselves, you might notice that the bell shapes, seem to be the whole of the artists face silhouette, there are also pieces that seem to be middle pieces of tile taken out and place elsewhere on the platform.  This is one of the stations that look as if the artist was excited to use every available space, or at least make the whole station comprehensive.  Sometimes there is only a small area devoted to the art.
Another aspect of the art here was that it evokes the forest spirits-we just liked how the shapes were used/repeated/in whole and in parts.

 

No comments: