Monday, February 25, 2013

'cause satan he lives in my whiskey machine...'

Zok and I have never liked the porch at the back of our house in Tasmania.
The concrete is an ugly untreated slab and the whole structure was sloped in a way that shouted poor construction.
Later when I had to call a plumber in for a leak in the bathroom- I realized that there was debris under the porch.  Odds and ends of the construction variety, mixed with garden waste and trash.  Appalling.
 
The time had come to pull the structure off.
Of course as I do not know about construction and I did not realize the reality of machines driving through the yard.
I also mistakenly thought I was safe because I was asked to drastically prune back the Magnolia and Hydrangea.
Which I did.
But- without asking someone working on the concrete removal cut three huge branches off the tree.
How does this happen?  Where is common civility of an explanation or warning?
 
Zok is however calm- I think because he has the end result firmly visualized in his head.  Also he is not actually here cleaning concrete sludge off of plants that have been tended with his (and by his I mean her) time and sweat.
 
In a few more days there is a deck and access from the doors to the backyard being built.  So I am mostly at least ignoring the area unless I am you know- actually trying to put the plants right.
 




 

No comments: