Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"...who wants to live forever..."





I do not think even I appreciate how much time and effort is volunteered to make Roller Derby bouts happen.
Even though I have been part of that work force many times now.
Eighteen or so of us went over to Finland to play a bout last weekend.
That was just us- the visiting team- the league there had to organize and put the bout together.

This month we have a home bout so I will be on the other side of this situation.
Of course I have put many hours in already.
If you read this blog, you know that a couple of years ago my hope of playing in an organized league was very low.
I would sit and scheme and wish I could find just five women to help make it all happen.
Now Hobart has not one but two working leagues and here I am playing around Europe.
That is pretty strange.
Roller Derby is one of those subcultures is very difficult to explain to those not involved and if you are involved then any story I want to tell...you already know.
 

No comments: