Saturday, August 4, 2012

"I was lost, and measure for measure, love spewed from the heart of me..."



Summer days continue to be interrupted by thunder and lighting.  By torrents of rain that cause the streets to flood even as the sun breaks through.
But the thing about Sweden and weather- the weather never wins.
So the BBQ's continue, pride week goes on whether or not the make up smears and the dresses get soaked.

Zok surprised me by getting us on the list for these shows-

The first one was today.  We walked in as Marianne Faithful was performing 'The Crane Wife'- she also did 'As Tears Go By', and 'The Ballad of Lucy Jordan'.  She sat down for a smoke during guitar solos and had a glass of white wine handy, and I loved every minute.

Patti Smith opened with 'Dancing Barefoot' and closed with 'Gloria'.
She was full of energy and looked like she was having a great time.
Pretty inspirational.

Today is the PRIDE parade.  I considered skating with the group from STRD, but I had to admit, that I'd rather cheer from the sidelines.
I have my PRIDE date- and then Zok will come and get me and we will go to the festival and see Ane Brun.
http://anebrun.com 
We saw her last year at Cirkus and the show was really good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg! i love ane brun! i have been listening to her like crazy and thinking of you in stockholm - tell me how it was. she is the most amazing creature!