Sunday, April 8, 2012

Glad Påsk! och Påskkärringar




Sweden like Australia has a very long Easter holiday.
We live in a more 'immigrant' neighborhood so we have more stores open.

The weekend started out with an extra practice in a venue where we all were before I left for Tasmania.
We had snow falling ALL day.
Pretty, but chilly.
On the same day Zok and I were fighting the crowds to buy some outdoor furniture, because snow or no snow, summer is on its way!

Pre-easter we had some friends over for brunch. Spanish tortilla, lemongrass scones with fresh vanilla cream and strawberries, salad with pomengranate seeds,walnuts, and grilled tomatoes.
We also of course had the traditional Colleen Easter Mimosas.
Then we cleared the table and painted our eggs.

We ate at our new outdoor table which is currently inside until spring takes a real hold.

For Zok and I, brunch or early dinner with guests is perfect because everyone leaves in time for us to go back to whatever current obsession we have- movie or television.
But early, last night as darkness fell we got Påskkärringar!
This is the tradition where kids dress as witches and basically 'trick or treat' at Easter. I of course jumped up and down and clapped my hands. This was followed by smug pride that I had chocolate rabbits ready to hand out!


This week is the bout in Glasgow!
I am nervous.
But I get to stay in Wales with (faux) Aunt Cookie and that is worth a lot!


No comments: