Monday, October 17, 2011

"...What you're missin' missing, round those brick walls..."








The countryside of Wales and the walls of Chester are one of my favorite places to be. I always feel calm and I always feel a sense of home.
Whatever that is.

Here are some of my favorite points. The weather has been perfect Autumn weather, moody with bright hours of sun, warm but not too warm for a scarf, hat, and gloves. I feel as if it has been a long time since I was in the Northern Hemisphere to feel the familiar sense of the season turning.

My aspiration is to do a walking tour of the Northwest area of Wales. I love the mountains of slate, and narrow stone villages that are still populated and in use. I love the tones of color here.



2 comments:

Monte Means said...

Walking tour? Wales? With you? Yes, please.

Sookie said...

You are very welcome - potentially spring 2012...April? May?