Saturday, June 25, 2011

"small frogs, small frogs, are funny to see, no ears, no ears, no tails have they..."


Midsummer (ending for me) about 3 a.m.

Midsummer about 1 a.m.


Midsummers Day about 3 p.m.

I thought the frog dance was about moose and rabbits. But when the ring dancers are waving funny ears it is for the lyric "No ears, no ears, no tail do they possess" and they are only talking about 'funny little frogs'.
But of course my Swedish language skills are not very good...yet.
I skated to this park and then I was tired, I watch a lot of ring dancing and kids hopped on sugar. I have heard many people in Sweden talk about 'Godis på lördag' and I see bowls with that slogan printed on them, this is the idea of your kids getting candy once a week. Apparently Midsummer holiday is an exception and the kids were going for it.



No comments: