Sunday, March 27, 2011

Treasures in the tar pits






I won't bother to try and describe the sprawl of Los Angeles,or how sometimes a drive that should be one half hour turns into two hours-let's just say that it does happen.
Visits are constrained by freeway access and by the time periods that no one with a choice would choose to get on a freeway.

I have seen a lot of people, and I have loved that.

I took the Australians around to a few places they (thought) they wanted to see, and to find some items not yet found.
See here:
http://www.tarpits.org/info/visit.html

I braved a few areas filled with the ghosts of another life, and survived.
The benefit of all this rain in Los Angeles is the few of the hills from all sides, a if not rare, still not a common sight to see.

I went to the AAA office for my Trip-tik book, plus free maps and guides for the trip to Austin Texas, via Bisbee Arizona, this week.
I am looking forward to an open road- with less commuters, and more amblers.


2 comments:

Saff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saff said...

I liked the tar pits, the floating wooly mammoth was super creepy