Monday, February 14, 2011

It's all happening





For the next few months, my theme is leaving and returning, and leaving again.

I have a couple of more recipes that I want to post up when I get some time.

At the moment I have house guests, one who is very small, yet both reigns over and commands all who are larger.

Just before visitors came, I went to Sydney. I got to see a dear friend, that I haven't seen in too many years, and bask in her reflected glow.
The Sydney Botanical Gardens has a colony of blonde, fruit bats. They are enormous, and beautiful as they fly out over the opera house at twilight.

I got to see Sting perform, twice. I became a Police fan about three years ago now, being so recently into his music, I think I may have been a little over-excited about the shows.
Thinking that I'd never see him live, I watched some documentaries, and live footage.
Sting of course has some great cult film moments as well.
I read his book, which I really enjoyed, as a fan most of my questions were answered, aspects of their first record deal, the filming of Quadrophenia.
I've been having a good time.
I plan on having more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like all of the above!

The Goose said...

me too pretty, pretty colleen

b said...

oops, that was supposed to be brandi that posted "me too pretty, pretty colleen". i have no idea what happened there.