Thursday, November 25, 2010

"3 blind mice, roll the dice, did you ever see such a thing in your life?"






Perhaps I am feeling deep inside the promise of spring, here gazing at my lilac tree in bloom. Although yesterday I was in Melbourne were all around was blasting heat that felt as if it emanated from concrete not sun.
Still I can not bring myself to write about most of of our trip because I have don't want to sully spring with negativity.

The priests worn robes, I think they were silk, they looked comfortable.
The sandalwood incense was really strong.
I couldn't really muster the energy to get anyone to explain to me why at six months presents were given. The impression I got was that people buy other people items in representation. So a neighbor of about the same age and stature of Mara, might buy a gift from her to a grandchild.
Actually I might be completely wrong, but witness that there were presents, wrapped and all.

We did some visiting this time. This seemed to cheer Zok a bit or at least being around other people reminded us that we do live in a world outside of Lalor. Neither of us need to profit from loss.

Zok's friend PM is involved in a really cool pub called the Gasometer, on Smith and Alexander Parade.
They had my favorite N.Z. beer on tap- Montieths and a vegan/vegetarian menu. Open fire places, high booths, coat hooks and nice looking varnished wood.
The best part was the additional room which had a huge, high tin shed roof that retracts!
This will be the beer garden.

1 comment:

Pip said...

Smith st is my old stomping ground, I used to live above a tobacconist across the road from the safeway. In my previous life as a mostly drunk, sharehousing, punk rock band playing, video editor.

Sometimes I miss those days. And then I look at the mountain and my bearded husband and my skates and I don't anymore.

Gasometer sounds cool.