Saturday, April 10, 2010

"She's got high-heeled shoes and an alligator hat"

My friend Mark is insanely talented, he is not just talented, he works his talent and keeps it sharp.
Sometimes when I think of him a voice in my head, an Austen sort of Mr. Bingley voice saying "...they all paint tables, cover screens, net purses, do such needle work and I don't know what all..."
Why does this come to mind? Because he actually can draw, paint, sew, make patterns, custom design, create, and execute costumes and clothing for men and for women. Embroider, needlepoint, tattoo, and quilt.
Plus he is accomplished, he can do all these things and do them all well.
He makes all this look effortless, and so when I was living in the same city, I just asked for and received all I needed to be the belle of which ever ball I was trying to dominate. Surely he has some hidden talents as well, that he kept from me, knowing I would bleed him dry...
I deeply regret only taking and not learning from his skill set.
However, if you are in the Seattle area, you can learn from my mistakes and not do the same.

He has a new website where you can read a bit about him, and see some of his sewing creations. This is just the first step, he has been and is indeed teaching sewing classes, as well as making custom pieces for people.

Please check out his website:

http://www.itsmarkmitchell.com

1 comment:

brandi said...

i gotta go!!! his work is stellar