Saturday, April 17, 2010

Like the white rabbit







Two assignments are completed and posted. Yesterday I was late; all day long, miraculously just by a small amount, I only forgot one item which I will get today on the way to skating.
Riff Raff Saff and Ref Fink are here to coach for the weekend.
I feel relief to have a weekend off from coaching, and of course to get to skate, although I know I will be on the ground for most of the sessions.
Actually letting the other skaters see me take a hit, will be good for them. There is a lot of excitement, hopes, and dressing up that happens for many in Derby before that bubble is burst by being slammed to the ground so hard that your eye sight is marred by stars swirling around making it difficult to find your way back to your pack.
Because we had guests coming Zok and I went back on the fruit grift, to a pear tree we saw on our neighborhood walk.
Sadly, I am too nervous for pie.

1 comment:

Monte Means said...

The "fruit grift." One of the many, many reasons I love you.