Monday, March 8, 2010

"But I still do it even now and then, sort of to keep my hand in."





Although the stolen berries, in amount, were not comparable to the amount of fruit we had from the trees in the yard. I have learned that one small girl and her mostly absent husband can only eat so much preserved fruit over the course of a year. I definitely have enough jam, preserves, and straight out fresh-frozen berries to cheer up many a coming winter night.

My patch is experiencing a warm yet rainy morning, which is perfect for all my required reading, as school officially starts today.

Zok made a design on one of the pies, depicting the 'scene of the crime' where the berries were taken from.
How cute is that?


4 comments:

amra said...

LOVE

DJ El Toro said...

One of the best "expert" opinions of the Canning & Preserving section of my manuscript came from Amy Pennington, apropos of making berry jams: "Does anybody really eat that much toast?"

Colleen said...

I have to say that in the face of much jam, a person can get creative.
I have been known to throw in Zok's thin Apricot jam into smoothies and to mix in yogurt.
We used jam in the pancake mix today.
I do, sincerely, truly, love toast.

Pip said...

I'll trade you some jam for some home brew. You know, when we actually make it.