Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Boo Boo not only listened to his voice, she seemed to watch it."



I had weekend alone, with my books, my thoughts, and my yard-for me this weekend the yard comprised my world. I did not want to actually go to the beach (but I did), nor did I want to skate (but I did). I really wanted to just move from space to space, following the sun, and later the milky way.

The milky way is not yet in my preferred spot, which is upon darkness arching across the sky I can view from my front porch. Specifically, the strip of stars will be almost eye level while I am seated.

I love the vegetable garden and fruit trees because I hate being in grocery stores, wait that is an untruth, I hate having to actually shop for groceries. If I am alone I will wander for an exceptionally long time, and yet find no more than eight items, and end up with about three meals worth of food.
I managed to eat from the garden all weekend and snubbed the store completely. This was a 'win'.
Thankfully I was fortified, or centered, or something because now my week is being eaten up by derby. A moment ago I had all Sunday stretched before me, and now Wednesday is upon me, not only is it upon me, the whole day is spoken for.
Thursday is little better.


1 comment:

Monte Means said...

Is the corn from your garden? I am impressed.