Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"...Sukie was a kid she liked to hangout in the graveyard..."


Upon arriving in Victoria, on the mainland of Australia, my days have been busy.
I am surrounded by friends and lively because of that.
I had a really good skating practice. The Geelong league did a drill that I have been reading about and wanting to try out in Tasmania, but was unable too.
The drill has many names but I think 'Trappers and Runners' is the most fitting. The idea is a good bit of strategy and also involves some basic skills so this means that the drill works on different levels.
The session was followed by accompanying a friend and being on her community radio slot. Anyone who knows me, knows there is nothing I enjoy more than talking about and selecting music for people to hear.
Lastly, I went to Deakin University, the institution that will (hopefully, without tears or disappointment) see me through my next degree. I got a student i.d. card, talked to some office workers, and checked out books from the library.
The weeks ahead are full of adventures. I get to go along and hang out for another radio slot. Plus there is much skating here, then a road trip to skate with the Ballarat league, and then an intensive four day training in Townsville. Townsville is up in Queensland where I have never, ever, been to in all my life.
Tropics!
Insects!
Warm water and jellyfish!
Skaters who have day jobs such as Army, or in the Mining industry!
Check in to see if I survive.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your life is one big adventure! thanks for sharing. and i love that you are in training all the time now. who would have thought?
love you!
s

brandi said...

you are always playing such great music on these posts and as always, love to hear the adventures. i'm catching up and obviously a few days late. congrats on all the new super exciting things happening in your life, sweet colleen!