Thursday, December 17, 2009

"I'm going to make a lot of money, Then I'm going to quit this crazy scene"




Yesterday, I went to the beach, after the heat brought on a mood of languor that could only be defeated by cool water.
In typical Tasmanian fashion, as we walked to the beach, I could feel the cold wind coming in signaling a weather change.
The temperature dropped from 30 c to 22 in a very short time, and the rain has been pouring down since the early morning hours.
This is how we lead up to Christmas.

Thinking of Christmas-
I will, I believe, for the rest of my days feel as if the Fourth of July is coming on, even as I gaze absently at my aluminum Christmas tree.
We lack the sights and sounds and especially the smells that would evoke Christmas for me.

Hobart is still a bit like a secret society to me-when I find a place, or an event, the reason I do is often by chance.
This year, a wonderful new person I met told me about this event, which she and her partner were apart of.
I had crazy craft envy, especially for a small text printer, that worked by hand.
Although you may not live in Hobart you can find their wares by the magic of the interweb here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/pipemma?ga_search_query=pipemma&ga_search_type=seller_usernames

If that long, messy link does not work go to
http://www.etsy.com/
An addictive site for handmade gift items, and search in sellers for 'pipemma'

2 comments:

Pip said...

aaawww thanks for the plug, lady!

EJ and I look so serious in that photo! Serious crafty ladies.

Monte Means said...

Nice(not the part about the rain, but the part about the design fair and the little book plates)!