Friday, December 4, 2009

"he broke my heart but I love him just the same"






There is a great classic rock station here on the big island and this is something that always sways my opinion of a place.
We are staying at a very sweet B&B, Zok and I don't really agree on what comprises a good accommodation.
This place is my pick, Zok got to decide on all the others, well except for the wonderful hospitality of my friends.
The B&B is called:
www.rainforestretreat.com

We are in a small free standing hexagon one room structure with a kitchen area and toilet. There is an outdoor shower with a Japanese deep hot tub, called an "o'furo".

I love it.

Zok loves that there is a wireless signal and that he can fit in the tub.

This is soon to be the end of Zok's first Hawaiin experience.
I do believe Zok now with hindsight, realizes he should have listened to my opinions about how to plan our trip. If we were to come back we would skip Honolulu, take earlier flights to get more time from each travel day, and go to visit just the Tobin/Augerot clan with a side trip to Maui.

We are now going in search of active lava flow.

The day after tomorrow I will only have access to a signal by chance or luck.




No comments: