Thursday, December 10, 2009

"and the painting you stole from Picasso your loveliness goes on and on"


This my friends is a 'Iced Coffee'
Have you ever experienced explaining something to a person (or in my case, several people until I could no longer even attempt too any longer)-
where that person seems to either, not to care, or the person does not have a reference thus rendering them somehow unable to get a picture of what you are attempting to describe?

If this seems incredible to you, if you want to start pointing out that an aspect of being of the human species is our ability to imagine an object, to create a scenario in our minds that has only been given to us in description, then you can come stand right here with me.
Okay, perhaps I am at fault, perhaps I lack in the ability to accurately use language in a descriptive manner.

For some reason when I first moved to Australia my inability to get an iced coffee came to represent home-sickness.
I am basically over this feeling, and of course I can make iced-coffee at home, and I can even put that tasty concoction into a cup with a bendy straw, and then take it on the road.

Surely I have wasted too much of your time already to go into 'why' iced-coffee isn't a normal (neither is iced-tea by the way, not even in the same lame fast food joints that blight ever location one will ever go too)
beverage, but suffice to say I enjoyed every iced-coffee and iced-tea I had while abroad.

I love that most coffee shops have basically simple syrup, on hand so that the iced-coffee/tea is ready to drink right away, instead of the intense stirring, or shaking, one had to do before say, the time of mobile phones.
I love being on a long drive and getting to drive through for an ice-tea that is pre-sweetened and the cost of a penny per ounce.

I made sun tea yesterday for Zok and I to drink while we battled the overgrown wilderness that is surrounding our house.
Surely, we will find the yard in the next week or so.


1 comment:

Monte Means said...

Hey, I know that cafe. I promise to think of you - and show some gratitude - the next time I order up an iced coffee.