Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"...my directive to trace my former colleague...code name Stockholm"





Many might assume that since I come to Stockholm once a year or so, that I would know quite a bit more than I actually do. Mostly, I find myself thinking 'Oh, yeah, I knew that', as someone is explaining.
I have never gotten the hang of the subway system here, and therefore I tend to walk everywhere simply to avoid dealing with the trains.
A short film of myself interacting with people, would surely be entertaining, and I basically frame my answers by guessing-I mean I know the schema of the situation I am in, and therefore I fill in the most probable answer.
Often the person has a bemused look so a fair bet is that I am often off the mark.
I also have a dreadful habit of naming places. I can't pronounce or do not know the real name so I just invent one. This park up the road, below Moosebacken (correct name), I call 'naked lady park', l don't know the name of the water tower, because although I have read the sign I always forget.
I remember that a famous architect designed it, maybe mid-1800s.
Zok is away again, in Germany again.
I can't decide on a destination so I think I'll just strike out in a direction, and hopefully the neighborhood will jar me into some recollection, and I will find a destination this way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just love your life.