Sunday, November 1, 2009

"You don't believe the story of the Great Pumpkin?"






The weather has been good-about 36 F., with most leaves still colorful and scattered everywhere. Zok is in Germany working, so I got up early to try and work out a bit-using my trusty jump rope and the huge set of stairs that are a shortcut from the apartment neighborhood down to the waterfront.
I was only warm while jumping rope, even running up and down the stairs wasn't quite enough movement to fend off the chill.

Even though I am having double winter I feel pretty good, I only feel resentment when I have to put on so much clothing before I can get out of the apartment. Also there is more light this time of year than I remember-there is light from about 7:40 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., although of course the amount of light will decrease each day.

I like seeing signs of Halloween, as I haven't in years. Although the pumpkins and kids in costume make me want candy.

My favorite graveyard has all of its headstones spruced, with new plants put in, some have pine wreaths, and almost all have candles burning. After darkness falls I am going back to see if they can be seen flickering way away through the dark.

No comments: