Monday, August 10, 2009

"One wing isn't enough, it isn't even enough to leave"




Things I learned recently:

My iphone takes more interesting photos when I hit the camera accidentally.

Last year there were displays all over Stockholm about a botanist named 'Carolus Linnaeus' and although small paragraphs were in English, I knew I was missing the essentials. I have since found out that he is credited with simplifying, and systematically naming every known living thing, he is the reason that plants have two word names.

John Banville the author who won the Man Booker prize for 'The Sea', also writes under pseudonyms, such as crime fiction under the name 'Benjamin Black' and he talks about himself (themselves) as if they are different personalities, which on the level of Psychology I found intriguing.

I have come to believe that Zok truly makes me a better person-or perhaps happier person, and therefore nicer person.

Black eyes are cool but having one makes your head hurt.




No comments: