Friday, June 19, 2009

Mount Wellington on a rather warm day in June



As my day progressed I could no longer ignore my sore throat. When I first got up I gargled hot water with salt, and then swigged a bit of really putrid, alcohol ridden cough syrup from the Piggly Wiggly of Wales (Well the store reminds me of a Piggly Wiggly but perhaps that name is on my mind for other reasons).
Now all the jokes made about swine flu are even less funny as we have girls out due to being quarantined with suspected swine flu. Who is laughing now? The pigs? Do they not know that I do not eat them? Well I am going to have to get out the hard core treatment; that is correct ny-quil. Sometimes I say thanks out loud for Zok's shopaholic tendencies which is why even here, at the end of the planet, I have decent cold medicines.



4 comments:

Nina said...

Hi there, I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now - I stumbled acorss it quite randomly and your writing intrigues me... I hope you don't mind if I keep following!

How is your throat - I find Betadine throat gargle works wonders.

Take care
Nina

brandi said...

i love reading the words "Piggly Wiggly".

i really hope you are feeling better!!!!!!!!!!!

XOXOX

husband said...

Shopaholic indeed! More like thoughtful, considerate and anticitapory.
xx

Colleen said...

To Nina- How flattering! I actually write as I speak-except my writing is a little less scattered brain.
I am going to look up your contemporary authors as I am not familiar with them, but have the same love for the classics.

To Husband-'anticipatory' is not a good scrabble word.

To Brandi-How I wish we would have driven East far enough to go to a Piggly Wiggly. Maybe we'll have a future road trip date.