Sunday, February 15, 2009

South Cape or dare I say Mordor






Zok and I have only just started watching the first season of 'Lost' but as the four of us walked single file, mile after mile, through this landscape, I kept expecting a rustling sound to start racing towards us. Actually I can't think of any Australian animals that race, trundle perhaps, and bounce; absolutely, but still I couldn't shake the feeling. As the miles continued on and on, we'd meet other people coming from our destination (a sort of vague destination that Monty kept referring to as "The Southern Most Point" before Antartica).
These people were actually full of tidbits such as 'bloody lot of march flies on the beach', or 'just another seventy minutes or so until you get there'. As I stated this whole 'there' thing was vague but I did know that when we arrived to the elusive there, lunch would be happening and as I was dearly regreting my lack of breakfast I firmly held lunch as my goal.

No comments: