Saturday, February 7, 2009

Seattle on my mind






The day before yesterday, I was swimming in this glorious part of the Ocean, on some part of Hazards Beach. We were in this huge basin, that had large waves rolling in, but I could stand between the waves just floating, as if in my own small wave pool. The beach was made of white sparkling sand, mostly small grains of quartz rock. The coast has huge boulders covered in brilliant orange.
Yesterday I stood looking down from a high cliff at the Southern Ocean where the waves were so huge I could not imagine trying to enter the water.
Today is our day of home-to rest up for Cradle Mountain.
I was thinking of taking Roberto, and Monte to the Saturday market, of buying fresh fish to BBQ, of a quick swim in our bay...
I woke to the very steady beat of rain!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have been thinking about you with your guests. it sounds like fun. i wish i was there too.
xoxo

amra said...

great to see the pics of you all, wish i was there. i miss you and monte! pennsylvania isn't exactly a great vacation spot...