Monday, February 16, 2009

"O perpetual revolution of configured stars,"


The famous Cradle Mountain Crag

I took the above photo as they were going up yet another very steep stretch, which I sat out...this photo of course was for the authorities in case they went missing...

I loved our Cabin, next will be a posting just for it.

The nice, even walk of most of the Cradle Mountain walks.

Zok is at his flying lesson, he left without waking me, I woke up around 9 a.m. which is later than I have in weeks. This is my first reflective moment, even my blog entries have been squashed between two other matters needing attention. Tasmania is still having weather in the low sixties, unseasonable cold while the mainland suffers extreme weather.
Over the last eight months I have gone so many places. Truly, the pace has been pretty fast. I wonder if this will make the quiet and the darkness of winter a shock. I have signed up for my sewing class and a yoga course that will go from March until May. So as the days get shorter, and Zok is away, I will have interaction with the outside world, and crafts to focus on.
Cradle Mountain is up north, part of yet another large national park. They get snow, and the region is considered alpine. People travel from all over the world to walk the overland track, a 4 - 5 days walk. We were on the overland track to Marions Lookout, which I hear is one of the hardest bits, as the that bit of the trail is very steep with a lot of rocks. Most of the track is that same sort of boards that are seen in my post about South Cape.
A large part of our small state is park land, much of that is on the UNESCO list. These facts attracted Zok and I, and with all the development going on in Kingston the suburb right to our right, I was relieved to see so much open area while we drove through the state.
I have a crush on the button grass. The wombats burrow around them-the huge clump of grass usually has this one long round, flower poof. Very Dr. Suess.
The button grass photo here is courtesy of the mad skills, of Roberto aka 'The Tracker'.

1 comment:

amra said...

you and zok are so cute at the crag!