Monday, January 26, 2009

A picture that has been taken a thousand times before



This is the view flying into the Hobart airport, I love that really, it is pretty even at our airport and there is a flock of parrots that are always hanging out in the parking lot.


I suppose that a luxury of travelling often, is the appreciation and perspective a trip can give one about home. I do get attached easily. Now, I even think fondly of Bellingham, although at the time I was there, I felt very, very lonely and isolated. I am so happy to be home! Where the only sounds are birds and the occassional boat. I fell asleep with my window open listening to the surf. Today is sunny but not hot.
Actually come to think of it, today is Australia Day, the Australian 'Fourth of July'. January 26th commemorates the landing at Sydney Cove in 1788.
Thus making the posting of Sydney's skyline apropos.

No comments: