Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bats by Day




I went to Sydney. I have only been one time before, I think in early 2000.
I still can't give an opinion on Sydney, mostly because the humidity was very high, and the temperatures were over 100 degrees. My brain and body resist this type of situation by sort of turning off. I tried to get out of the hotel as much as possible, however, the hotel was quite nice, with a fancy gym, indoor pool, and free cocktails on the roof from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m.

Onto the BATS!!! Flying Foxes, fruit bats, huge with lovely blonde heads.
Flying, squabbling (as one would in that horrible heat), and fanning themselves with there wings (of course).
The bats were in the botanical garden which I walked through to get to an art gallery; specifically the 'New South Wales Art Gallery'.
But more on the gallery later, must admire bats...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we too saw the bats and took lots of pictures of them at the botanical gardens. plus, i remember that before i realized there were bats in sydney that i was surprised to realize i heard birds flying and chirping (no, that is not what they do) outside my window at night at belinda's house and how weird that was. one night lucas and i stepped out on the balcony and then it all became perfectly clear, there were at least 30 bats flying around up there. she lives across from that big park and i can't remember the name of it now, and i thought, at the time, they must live over there. how nice to be in heat and sun with bats and tropical breezes. i could use a bit of that right now.