Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pretty like that



Australia has a lot of War Memorials but this is the first one I have seen for Dogs. I kinda loved it. Plus most of the cycle way goes through industrial areas so this park was nice.


Riding a bike is a bit of a novelty for me. I think I owned one for a sort while when I lived in L.A. but I might be remembering a roommate that had a bike. I know I never owned one while I lived in Washington. I don't remember ever owning one as a teenager. Zok however is unafraid to make a purchase, so now I have two. One is a standard sort of mountain bike with gears, my feet barely reach the ground when I am on it. I prefer this small one, it reminds me of Sacramento. I did of course ride on the handlebars of bikes, well being smallest meant I was often on the handlebars. Then there was also the borrowing of bikes. There are only a few memories that make me think of Sacramento (the place, not the people) fondly, and riding bikes late at night, in the heat of Summer is one of them. My point being that I don't have a lot of experience riding a bike but now I go a couple times a month. For incentive there is this mostly flat seemingly unending trail that starts in Hobart.
The intercity trail goes for hundreds of kilometers, I went to Berriedale, so about 26 kms all together. I always want to go a bit further than the time before. I am paying for it today though because my butt and legs are hurting. Zok blames the ghost riders' lack of gears but I blame my advanced years.
I read in the Times that Betty Page died. My stepfather had magazines with her in them, and when I was small I always thought 'I want to be pretty like that'. She always looked so happy.

1 comment:

Monte Means said...

you have always reminded me of betty page. i heard she died while i was on my way to work on friday, and my mind went to you.