Monday, November 3, 2008

Never too late for CAKE


Cake Face

Cute-est pumpkins


I met my friend Heidi at the beach cafe by my house. She really got the short end of the deal, for one thing I think I short changed her on the bill, for another she basically got the same wood fired pizza I did, but they charged her double. Mine was on the appetizer list but seriously, they were the same size with the same amount of ingrediants. We will have to pay more attention next time we go there. I blame my inattention on the two glasses of sparkling wine I had on a basically empty stomach.
Lastly, Heidi and her husband have their own business; they make Cakes. Let me tell you that Zok and I are always trying slices of cake from the bakeries, and faux gourmet grocery shops. There is a lot of bad cake out there. Just the other day Zok got a slice of cheesecake from Liscombe, the crust was like a pie crust and inedible, also the cake was topped by this sort of lime meringue. Awful.
Heidi though makes perfectly delicious cakes. She can also make them in any shape you could ever want. Although I am old-fashioned and I don't go in for that fancy stuff. Here is the cake she surprised me with.

1 comment:

Monte Means said...

I'm so glad you got a proper cake after all...but I still think we should celebrate on the beach this February.