Saturday, November 1, 2008

Neighbors & Unfortunately; A Wasp

The neighbors oh so lovely tree
New lilac tree

As I sat down to compose this post, I felt an intense pain, I jumped up, yelling out to Zok and starting to cry instantly. I knew what had happened, I had seen the wasp buzzing around the window earlier. I had forgotten to tell Zok who is an excellent insect catcher. There was blubbering about the injustice (not my best week, my twenty odd mosquito bits are still bothering me)-I made Zok do a google search about wasps and did as instructed. So here I am two Alleve and a shot of tequila later, sitting on a ice pack (that is all you need to know about where the wasp got me). Oh, of course the tequila was my idea not one from the ask a M.D. sites.

Luckily, as I gaze out the window I see the ocean,I can notice the tide getting higher, and the wind causing small white caps on the surface, moving to the East.
But if I lose my focus I can see the neighbors yard. The neighbor who requested that we cut our big Gum tree down. The neighbor who hasn't bother to lift a finger on his now so clearly visible side of the fence. He refused to take down the hideous tree you might see behind my new small Lilac Hybrid. That tree happens to be a certified Weed. Weed lists are circulated regularly as each citizen is supposed to at least keep their own yard weed free. Tasmania like the rest of Australia has constant problems with 'introduced' species. There is even a type of Lavender that is on the forbidden list.
Next to the bird bath that I put onto the stump of the Gum, I want to plant Ornamental Grape Leaf, so that in Autumn I can have some fall colors. However, if he isn't going to do anything about his side, all I can hope for is that the vine beats out the crawling plant on his side.
All in all, very annoying.
Or perhaps that is the Wasp venom talking.

1 comment:

Monte Means said...

If you sat on the wasp, was his sting the last thing he did in this world, or did he manage to escape? Squishing him would have at least provided some instant justice - in a harsh, capital punishment sort of way.

Despite the neighbor's mess, your yard is lovely (that's some rich looking soil!) and I can not wait to see it for myself in February!!