Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Little Edie goes Shopping




Signs of Christmas

A tasty, Dark Ale from Moorilla, unfortunately called 'Moo Brew'

I like this church, so I went into the garage sale, although my expectations were low (rightly so) I did find about two meters of broad cloth for $1 AU. or as they say here "one gold coin, luv".

I had to take the Jeep to town to be serviced. They always want the car to be there by 9 a.m., I almost always make it there by 10 a.m. Normally I bring my bike and go to the bike trail, but alas the weather had other ideas. I decided to finish up my shopping for Zok's Xmas stocking. I am usually apprehensive about such extensive social interaction, my waking thoughts are more appropriate for Edie Beale. I am not even sure where they come from. Some previous life that doesn't believe this quiet life can endure. The reality is that I jabber away with the shop keepers as if they were actually my friends and I somehow end up with phones numbers given to me by strange men (I think I said this doesn't happen to me here in Tasmania as it does in other places, that was mis-stated).
Except for candy I think Zok's stocking is done! I even got my craft supplies that if I have any luck will become Xmas cards. I had to waste 5 hours, on foot, and well what can I say? When I ran out of money, I ended up in the Pub.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice fabric!

Monte Means said...

I agree - nice fabric! I'm looking forward to having a "moo-brew" in the pub with "little Edie."